Keto/Low Carb Coconut Flour Chicken Nuggets With Keto Ranch

Keto/Low Carb Coconut Flour
 Chicken Nuggets With Keto Ranch

After two attempts to make some really good coconut flour chicken tenders and ending up with a frying pan full of coconut flour breading that fell right off the chicken both times I found myself in the kitchen tonight trying again. I nailed it! This time I made nuggets and I figured out the best way to really get that coconut flour to stick to thr chicken for some crispy and delicious chicken nuggets!

I was very impressed with the results. These look and taste similar to chik-fil-a nuggets. These are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. They are Keto/Low Carb/Gluten Free and kids would love these too! This keto ranch is also easy to make and delicious! The longer the ranch sits in the fridge the more flavorful it is. It just keeps on getting better and better!

I serve it up with some butternut squash fries. Ever since I got the recipe on pinterest it is my go to for fries on a cheat day. Its a lower carb healthier option to french fries. I just chop up some butternut squash into shapes like french fries. I coat with some olive oil, sea salt, pepper and bake at 400 degrees for about 15-20 mins on each side. It is good to cut them into nice size fries because smaller pieces will burn.

To fry these I use a small skillet with coconut oil. I used a little bit of olive oil mixed in too because I was short on the coconut oil. I am pretty sure you can use other oils. I just try to avoid canola/vegetable/corn/sunflower oils which are usually GMO and very high in omega 6 fatty acids. In all my cooking I use coconut oil, olive oil, tallows, butters and sometimes sesame oil for stir fries. After frying these I let them rest on a paper towel to get some of the excess oil.

Keto Ranch


  • 1 TBS Mayonnaise
  • 1 TBS Sour Cream 
  • 1 TBS Heavy Cream or Milk
  • 1/4 TSP Vinegar (ACV is fine too)
  • 1/2 TSP onion powder 
  • 1/2 TSP garlic powder 
  • Black Pepper to taste
  • 1 TSP fresh or dried parsley
  • 1 TBS chives or finely chopped green onions 
In a tiny bowl or jar combine Mayo, Sour Cream and heavy cream or milk. Feel free to eyeball the ingredients if you dont feel like measuring it. You just want even amounts of heavy cream or milk, sour cream and mayo. Combine the vinegar, parsley, chives or green onions, black pepper onion powder and garlic powder. Refridgerate at least 30 minutes to get the flavors going.

Keto/Low Carb Coconut Flour Chicken Nuggets


  • 1 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast(organic)
  • 2 large eggs (organic)
  • 1 cup coconut flour (organic)
  • 1 TBS olive oil
  • 1 TBS sour cream 
  • 1 1/2 TSP seasoned salt 
  • 1 TSP black pepper 
  • 1 TSP onion powder 
  • 1/2 TSP garlic powder 
  • Pinch of Cayenne pepper(optional)
  • 1 TSP paprika
  • 1 TBS parmesan (grated, not shreds)
  • Coconut oil or frying (or oil of your choice)

* Does not have to be organic its just preferred and what I use*

Cut your chicken breast into bite size nugget shaped pieces. Set aside.

In a bowl combine the 2 eggs, 1 TBS olive oil, and 1 TBS sour cream. Add 1/4 tsp of seasoned salt and pepper. This will make sure the nuggets are not bland. Whisk until combined well. It will be very thick. This will be the glue to really keep that breading on the nuggets.

In another bowl combine the coconut flour, seasoned salt, pepper, onion/garlic powder, cayenne, paprika, parmesan. Mix well.

Take your chicken nuggets and first coat with the flour mixture, then dip it into the egg mixture and then back into the flour mixture. I like to do 2 or 3 nuggets at a time and I like to press the breading on to also really make it stick well.

Heat your oil up on medium heat in a cast iron skillet or pan of your choice. The oil does not need to be super deep. About 1 1/2 cups should be enough. Less than that should be ok too.

Fry the nuggets about 5-7 mins on each side or until each side is golden brown and crispy. Lay them out to cool on a paper towel to drain excess oil.

Enjoy!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Carb Copycat Chicken Flame Broiler Bowl

Keto Skirt Steak Taco Shells